Hi

I'm sure Elecraft is picking up a few interesting suggestions from this thread so I might as well throw my ideas in as well. I really like computers and a clean desk. I would like to be able to have complete control of an excellent radio such as the K3 from my computer and to be able to locate my radio out of site. In fact I would like to locate the radio at the back of the house downstairs where the antenna cables come in from outside. The radio would then NOT NEED ANY CONTROLS .... just control and power cable connectors. The radio could then be sold at a reduced price. The 'black box' radio would be totally functional as the present K3 and the computer control software in effect would act as a 'dumb terminal' and I am sure any number of 3rd party developers would bring out attractive versions (such as N4PY). The old Ten Tec Pegasus followed this design. For those who really like the feel of the knobs and switches of a 'real radio' a radio front like the K3/0 could be made available and could have complete control of the 'black box' located under the desk. It seems that elecraft is already a long way along this path. In addition to the K3/0 a K3/-1 might be considered (a K3/-1 being the black box).

Jim, VE3CI