72/73/Scotty/NUØS

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K1 #3206
From: Scotty Long <n...@hotmail.com>
To: d...@w3fpr.com
CC:

Very cool Don K1-4 #3206 is on line/alive and well first short QSO to TX with
W5GXV on 30m... the noise blanker and internal tuner are ready for install down
the road after I have some fun and get use to it... Thanks for all your help...

72/73/Scotty/NUØS

Don Wilhelm <d...@w3fpr.com> wrote:

Scotty,

Just a bit of history - the 2SC2166 was originally used in both the K1, K2 and
KX1, but then the supply of those dried up, and the 2SC5739 was used as a
replacement.
Later as things would have it, the 2SC5739 became "unobtainium" but a supply of
the 2SC2166 was found,
The 2SC5739 actually worked better in the KX1 and at the higher bands on the
K2, but made no difference in the K1.
I do wish the 2SC5739 were still available - I found some in China and bought
10 of them - tried one and threw the rest in the trash, they certainly did not
live up to the normal specs, but might have been OK for audio frequencies.

73,
Don W3FPR