The rules are pretty clear, what ever stations you run, free ones included,
the highest power run determines the class of operation.  If in battery
class all stations have to be on battery at 5 watts!! No exceptions.

I have always thought that the arbitrary 5 watts for both CW and phone modes
was contrary to QRP ARCI and other QRP club international convention where
for many years QRP has been agreed as 5 Watts for CW was equivalent to 10
Watts SSB, due to duty cycle of speech.  However, we persevered and our club
did 5 watts SSB and got 4th in our class and in top ten a number of years
when sun spots were good.
72,
Stuart
K5KVH