Ok, if what you say is true, then you should also be able to see the input line
power or current jumping all over the place too.  Otherwise, you are violating
the conservation of energy.  So, is the input power also jumping in a like
fashion?  Voltage jumps can occur without violating the conservation of energy
but power is indeed energy per unit time.

PEH's iPad