FWIW:

I am at the least demanding end of ham operating (in my opinion)...occasional
CW rag chews.  Most of my time is on my workbench restoring/building boat
anchor stuff.  I am in an HOA area and here is what I ended up with for my
antenna, and am very pleased.

The "Emergency Amateur Radio Club" in Hawaii sells an antenna that has worked
for my needs.  They sell a 30' length of wire and an UNUN fitted with a SO-259.
 I got a 33' telescoping fiberglass pole from MFJ.  I attached the pole to my
back fence (6' wooden).  It only takes a couple of minutes to attach the wire
and host up the pole.  Collapsing the pole also a couple of minutes.

The antenna is here...
http://earchi.org/92011endfedfiles/Endfed6_40.pdf

I am running a K3/10 and getting solid CW reports.  Not any DX, mind you, but
am working coast-to-coast which satisfies my needs.  No radials, and the pole
does not need guys.  Does require a tuner(I don't have the K3 internal tuner),
I am using a Kenwood AT-230 which loads it just fine 40-10.  Haven't tried 6,
doesn't load on 80.

When the weather turns bad, I just take it down.  Collapsed it is 4' which is
2' shorter than my fence!  One thing that helps is that there is no one behind
me, no power lines and no trees - it is in the clear.  When deployed, one has
to really look for it to see it, and most of the time it is down.  I always
take it down in the evening when I am done.  I have had not had any complaints
from the HOA.

Very simple and unsophisticated , but meets my needs.  Total investment about
$130.

"I have no financial interest..."  blah, blah, blah.

Maybe this will be of interest to someone.

73,
John
K5ENQ