In a message dated 10/18/05 3:01:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> QRP is a tough way to start a ham hobby.  I'd say you're better off
> buying a no-hassles rig that puts out 50 or more watts.  Don't handicap
> yourself.  You need to have QSOs, not spend your time trying to call
> stations that can't hear you.

I disagree - somewhat.

QRP with a good antenna is better than QRO with a poor antenna. QRP with a
poor antenna is a study in frustration.

73 de Jim, N2EY

..who started out 38 years and 3 days ago with a 10 watt-input rig on 80 CW
and a wire to the apple tree....