Howdy K3' people:

Admittedly I've goofed.
That said, I have an EME QSO tomorrow morning and I can't get a program
like 'Commander' to see that the K3 is on COM3.

I'd been fiddling around trying to find a way to make three programs lok
at the K3 and still keep Commander working.

Last used or tried was VSPmgr. Then Com0Com

Anyway, I used windows dev mgr and view hidden ports, got rid of all the
myriad which were the virtual ports.

Left is Com1. I reboot the Win7-64 bit machine, see that the Gigaware
RS232 to USB gets named COM3. Next to verify it's connected to the K3, I
unplugged the cable from the PC. Plugged it back in and it gets
installed as COM4.

Settings show RS232 38400 as does the Dev-Mgr COM4 38400, 8N1

Still, the K3 Utility nor Commander will see that the K3 is connected.

Can anyone please help?    This situation I have never seen, and despite
re-installing the com-port, there are no errors from K3, just the
continual searching for any handshake on whichever port I'd used.

--
73
KD7YZ Bob