If your intent is to run PSK from the usual kind of PSK software that works with non-Elecraft radios, i.e. software that generates a PSK signal at audio frequencies to be fed into a radio's microphone or line in input in SSB mode, then you should be putting your KX3 into DATA A mode. DATA A is basically a specialized version of USB, with audio equalization and compression disabled and different default filter settings. VOX works in DATA A mode.

To use PSK D mode, you would need software that sends the ASCII text you want to send to the radio via the radio control port, and that controls TX/RX switching via the same pathway. Standard audio-based PSK software that works with non-Elecraft radios will not work with PSK D.

73,
Rich VE3KI

Randy Buckspan wrote:

I want to run PSK via my iPhone and KX3 using an interface that requires
VOX to trigger transmit.  With the KX3 in DATA Mode and PSK D, VOX is N/A.
My only choice is to run USB and enable VOX.  Is there a way that VOX can
be enabled in DATA Mode, or am I missing something?