Im sure that all of us have been experimenting with trying to select a good
external speaker for the KX3.

I have tried the Iphone "bubble speakers" both in mono and stereo. The
crackling and static sounds were hard on my ears. In searching my junk box i
noticed a "Clear Speaker" from West Mountain. Yes it is a powered DSP speaker
but the fidelity is superb, quiet, no more harsh static sounds. I run my KX3
with a small power supply so getting power to the speaker was a not a problem.
I can tell the difference is remarkable.  It is 1/2 the size of the radio but
the sound is soothing to the HAM ears!  I recommend highly.

Jeff
N4JDU
Sent from my iPad