My only point is that from reading Wayne's statement, Elecraft is not going
to make improvements to the K3 that can not be fitted to the units in the
field. And I'm not sure there is any improvement that couldn't be fitted due
to the design of the K3.  If I remember when I built my K3 are the parts
just plugged in. That makes me think the K3 today is not the best K3 that
could be produced.  It's just not going to be made available because it
would make today's K3 "less valuable".   Where does that put plans for any
future model?  I would think making changes to the K3 would be easier on K3
owners than a completely new model.  It could be a lot less tooling.  As I
have stated before the K3 as it is today is getting old.  But hey Kenwood is
still selling the TS-2000.  Not that I would want one.

I am a K3 owner SN 2654 with no plans to replace it with another brand.  I'm
just pushing for the next best great product from Elecraft.  I know it's
there.

Keith, K5ENS