From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 2:24 PM
To: g...@ka1j.com
Cc: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Microphone for the K3 questions

Gary,

Both those microphones should work well with the K3.  Couple that with the fact
that you hear things OK in the monitor.
That suggests that there is something else wrong with your K3.  I would first
check the filter selection for transmit using K3 Utility and make certain the
actual 2.7 (or 2.8) kHz filter is selected for transmit.
All the rest that I can offer is that one K3 I had a hand in testing needed to
have the Reference Oscillator re-calibrated because of a similar problem - that
is worth a try.
If you continue to have problems, contact Elecraft support for additional
assistance.

73,
Don W3FPR