Bill K9YEQ wrote
> Glad I never discussed the same issue with the wife when I bought the K2.
> now own the K3 and KX3.  The K2 is my hearty backup in case of issues.

The K2/10 remains a very capable rig for portable use and SOTA activating.
While the KX3 has several advantages including weight and size, I've not yet
been compelled to get one.  If I really want light weight (3 ounces) and
small size (Altoids tin), I take my ATS-3.

Part of my love for the K2 is from building it myself in 2004...it might be
for sale after I leave planet Earth.  Here's a little story about SOTA
activating using the K2 in the recent QRPTTF event:

http://www.uwharrieqrp.com/2013/04/qrpttf-and-rocky-knob-w4cem-047.html

73,  Bill  W4ZV