Hi,

Bit of a long shot this but has anyone any experience of using a K3 with a
Mutek transverter? I run the K3 (#7218) with the internal transverter but
during a 2m contest yesterday the front end capability of the internal
transverter was found wanting when exposed to strong adjacent signals. I
already have a Mutek transverter but it was bought (cheaply) as untested and
therefore I do not know if it is working. The strong signal capabilities of
these transverters were legendary in their day. Therefore, I was hoping that
someone on this site has successfully mated the 2 boxes together. Basically
what I want to know is at the rear of the transverter there are 2 BNC sockets
marked 'rx out' and 'tx/rx'. To what sockets on the I/O board to I need to
connect these? And secondly, what do I need to ensure that the K£ is suitably
programmed to communicate with the transverter (the instructions seem to be
unclear to me...).
Any help would be appreciated. If the Mutek transverter is no good anyone got a
decent Demi or completed Elecraft 2m transverter they wish to sell??!!

Many thanks for reading this plea. Any replies will be gratefully received
(which is more than I can say for the internal transverter performance
yesterday!!)

Peter G4URT