On 6/10/2013 4:08 PM, Steve wrote:
I am the new owner of a slightly used (only on Sundays that didn't conflict
with baseball or football, according to the previous owner) KX3 and just
beginning to understand how it works.  I am slowly reading each page of the
operator's manual and checking each function of each knob and button so I
can make contacts without messing up everything.  I notice that 60 meter
frequencies are not programmed and I will have to do that.

One question I have, the answer to which I can't find anywhere in the
operator's manual, is why 144.000 (fully tunable to 148.000) comes up after
6 meters if the module to do this has not been produced.  Is this just
there as a default and actually is an inoperative band for later use or
..... what??

Just wondering why this is not mentioned anywhere nor have I seen this
question on the reflector (of course, with the tons of e-mails, I may have
missed it.

Tnx & 73,

Steve, N4EUK
K2/100, KX3

you might want to update the firmware . depending on what ver it is currently running