I have used one of the Powerwerx supplies with a K3 for a couple of years now.
It works great, with very little problems.  When I got mine, they still had a
switch set to 220VAC, and the output was low until you changed it to 120VAC.
Instructions were included regarding that.  Mine also had some sort of
non-conductive finish on the binding posts in the back, which I had to remove
with sandpaper.

I doubt that you will have these problems, however.  This will be the third
field day that a local club uses my K3 and Powerwerx supply for the CW
position.  MUCH better than the monster Astron.

Sent from tfox iPad