Mike,

If you have the 74154 inputs connected to the K3 band data outputs, nothing more should be required. The 74154 should adequately isolate the inputs from whatever you have connected to the output side of the decoder IC. I don't even know if the capacitors are required (or desirable), although since the band data outputs are not dynamically changing, they should make no difference.

If you have anything else connected to the K3 band data outputs (in parallel with the 74154), then that may be a different consideration, but you did not mention anything of that nature. The KPA500 should not cause a problem.

If you have trouble with the KPA500 band selection, try removing the capacitors and see if that cures the problem.

73.
Don W3FPR