good morning,

since quite a long time I'm using the 'beyerdynamic DT234 pro' with my K3. It
sounds good RX and TX wise and is quite comfortable for my needs. They are not
cheap, but less expensive then the Sennheiser brand ones.

I was following the Yamaha threads on this reflector for a long time, but
didn't find a chance to buy one over here in Europe. I believe the Yamaha is
sold as 'Koss SB40' in this part of the world. Some comparing between both
brands made me believing that ... but I'm not sure about it. I bought one, used
it but put it aside as my spare one.

Anyhow, I own both now but stick with the beyerdynamic. The ear cushions (kind
of velvet like surface) are much more comfortable for me and my ears ;-) than
the leatherette like ones of the Koss. But YMMV.

Am 13.06.2013 um 19:46:55 schrieb PAUL BRADBEER:

> I've used my HD 280 pro headphones (normally used on my hi-fi !) with my
> K3, and very much prefer it to my Heil headset. I'm thinking of splashing
> out for the headset version (HMD 280 Pro)....but I have seen a number of
> complaints about low audio output from the microphone.  Is anyone using
> this headset with a K3?  Do they drive the mic input well enough?  I think
> I read that the K3 mic input will deal with just about anything but the HMD
> 280 Pro is pretty pricey, so I want to do some research first!
>
> 73
>
> Paul M0CVX

My 2 EUROcents ... ;-)

73