As you mentioned, the W2 utility shows greater accuracy, although just because it shows values in fractions of a watt, it doesn't mean that it is that accurate. However, the nice thing about the W2 is that it has a fairly nice calibration facility. So if you have or can borrow a higher accuracy meter then you can use that to improve the accuracy of the W2.

Also, I really like the fact that the SWR bridge sensor is remote from the unit. This allows a lot more flexibility for setup. In my case the cable was just a little too short, but I wondered if a CAT 5e patch cable would work. I did a little googling and saw an Elecraft employee recommending that option. I don't know how long you can go before it doesn't work or gives bad readings, but the patch cable I used was only 2-3 feet longer than the cable supplied by Elecraft, and it didn't appear to affect the readings based on a simple before/after test.

Anyway, I think the W2 is a great product. However, Elecraft recommends that it go between the amp and the ATU (Elecraft says that the accuracy really starts to suffer with high SWR). That means that it might not be very useful if I purchase a KXPA100 with the built in ATU.

John
AC0ZG