*Hi all*
*
*I have K3 serial number 2307 which is fully loaded except for the 2m
module, but recently it's beginning to give me some issues, I previously
had ERR VC0 errors a few years back but cured this problem with the
official K3 Synthesizer ALC
Modification<http://www.elecraft.com/K3/mods/ELECRAFT_Application_Note_KSYN3_ALC_Rev_A.pdf>
.*

*Problem 1 ..*
*Recently I have been having similar problems, when the radio was getting
warm tuning the VFO would cause lots of crackling noise on the band, then
if I tried to complete **VCO Calibration it would complete very quickly and
I would get the following errors  **E 00005 ERR VC0 ... **E 00255 ERR VC4.*
*
*
*So I removed both the K3SYNTH boards, checked for dry joins etc but
nothing was found, so I decided to put the ** K3SYNTH boards back in the
radio the opposite way with the board causing the issue in the 2nd RX
position and the later ** K3SYNTH board in the main VFO position*
*
*
*So all seemed well for 3 days but then the problem arose again, but this
time when the radio is cold t**uning the VFO would cause lots of crackling
noise on the band, then if I tried to complete **VCO Calibration it would
complete very quickly and I would get the following errors  **E 00013 ERR
VC0*
*
*
*So this is the other K3SYNTH board in the main VFO position and it's
causing the same issue but when the radio is cold.*
*
*
*
*
*Problem 2 ....*
*I was having a QSO with a local on USB when my TX signal
suddenly stepped down the band about 1.5khz, after much a do
we finally realized what was happening and the local ham was having to
receive my with his RIT on, I checked out my signal and sure enough I was
1.5khz low ?? how could this be?*
*
*
*So I tried everything I could think of including re flashing the firmware
but still the same problem exists, so i tried CW, all was fine, this is
strange, after around an hour of trying various things I turned off ESSB
mode and bam, the USB signal came back onto the same frequency as the RX,
oh this is strange ??*
*
*
*So i switched ESSB on again and the TX signal stepped down 1.5khz again ..
*
*
*
*So that's where we are at the moment, I still have both the above issues
with no apparent answers ????*
*
*
*All help appreciated.*