Yep, less than a week away from Field Day and I got hit by lightning - again. As a matter of fact, most of my work (my paid job) over the past week has been due to lightning.

So far, the only amateur equipment that seems affected is my HD-73 rotor or the controller. It turns on, but the needle does not deflect. I have some archived email and I have a pot that I can use to test that.

The K3 / P3 were connected to coax through a switch, but so far both seem to be working fine. I checked into a state voice net on 75m at 100W output and was heard. Later, I checked into a QRS CW net on 40m at 5W and was heard. On that net, I used Aether for logging and it talked to the K3 just fine. I just got finished checking both of my WinLink accounts so digital seems to be okay. The K3 will be used extensively at Field Day for the digital station. It should get a good workout. Can anyone think of anything else to check? Funny thing though, my Astron RS-35 voltage regulator did not get popped. It's usually the first thing to go. I've got a stack of those voltage regulators for power spikes such as lightning.

Yes, this isn't my first rodeo. I'll find "walking dead" for the next six months.

The K3 is not grounded and I wonder if that helped protect me. Instead of lightning looking for the path of least resistance to ground through my rig, it found it another way.

My poor daughter was here by herself. She said there was no warning... Just FLASH... BOOM!!!

73,
Joel - W4JBB