Tom,

My KDSP2 works as you described, however, my KDSP2 flash firmware
(first number shown) version is 3.18 and KDSP2 microcontroller
firmware second number shown) is 3.10

If I read the errata sheet correctly, you'll need the KDSP2
microcontroller firmware version (second number shown) 3.10 for the
short cuts to work.