I'm presently at the stage of fitting battery holders into the KX3.
I'm dubious about the amount of flexing that the holders have to take, in
order to get the screws secure.
This is more of a problem with the holder that sits over the square shield,
as it has to bend over the shield.
I rather don't like the way this is engineered.

Seeing that I'm averse to internal batteries anyway, previous bad
experience with portable gear, and having read the warnings of potential
serious damage if something goes awry with the holder, I plan to omit the
holders altogether.

The question is - can I fit the holders screws threaded all the way in, so
that the heads touch the board, and not suffer some shorting problem? I
think it would be OK, but would like informed opinion just in case.

Many thanks reflector people

Chris VK2ACD   K2#3666, K3/10 #685, KX3#4559