Brian,

The recommended K3 to KRC2 communication is to use the AUXBUS signalling for band signalling. The AUXBUS signal is on pin 2 of the K3 ACC connector with the return path at pin 5 (ground). You can get a "Y" connector to bring the ACC signals out to both the Navigator and the KRC2ACC. Make certain the "Y" cable has all pins connected and no pins connected together - a VGA "Y" cable will NOT work.

Please not that the solution above will only provide band selection in the KRC2ACC - other functions will not work.

One cannot use a "Y" connector on the RS-232 signals unless one device only listens to the RS-232 data traffic. Both the P3 and the KRC2ACC have drivers on the RS-232 connection and that will cause much chaos and failure of communications for both the KRC2ACC and the P3.

In other words, I do not have a workable solution for you. Perhaps Jack Brindle can make some suggestions, but from my knowledge of the RS-232 signalling, they will not work together.

My suggestion is to load the KRC2 firmware and forget about the ACC option, then you can use the KRC2 for control of your antenna relays with the connection to the K3 ACC connector (with the "Y" cable).

73,
Don W3FPR