Hi group,

For some months now, I had the same intermittent problems as Ian: after the K3
has been running for a few hours, it stops working with ERR PL1 (and PL2). The
next morning, after cooling off, things are back to normal. Up to yesterday, I
was always able to make this issue go away instantly by opening up the K3 and
giving all cables going to the KREF3 board a twist. But not yesterday...

Thanks to Ians email, I tried removing the KREF3 board, and removing and
reseating the oscillator. I also gave all connectors (they were a bit oxidized)
a very light scrub with fine sandpaper and then wiped them with a cloth with
some anti-corrosive spray. After building things together again and doing the
synthesizer re-calibration, my K3 now is back in working order.

73 de Frank PA4N