The 6 amp Astron would not do the job. He needs a supply capable of more like 20 to 25 amperes to handle the load presented by the rig plus the amplifier. The Astron 20 or 35 ampere models should do the job, with the 35 amp version having some extra reserve so he could run the rigs he describes plus something else, such as a separate VHF/UHF FM transceiver.

My K2 plus the combination KPA100 / KAT100 in an EC2 draws 17 to 20 amperes at 100 watts output, depending on band and the actual voltage of the "12 volt" source.

As you state, there are are some good 25 amp switchers out there, such as the MFJ 4125 and the Astron SS-25 that have been tested for low RF noise.

- Jim, KL7CC