I am using the current release of Debain Linux [64-bit]. CQRlog, fldigi,
and other programs work fine with the K3. No I/O problems with the
terminal, com ports, retrieving updates, etc. My problem is specifically
with the k3util. I can't seem to figure out how to make it runnable.

BTW curl is installed.

I downloaded the K3 utility file k3utilLINUX_1_13_6_17.tgz from from the
Elecraft web site.There was no readme file in the documentation. So I
worked on the basis of what I could gather from the Elecraft mail
files.  [That by the way is a bug report. At the very least a document
explaining the installation of the files should be included in the tar
file.]

I extracted the content to a newly created ~/Elecraft directory. The
files group was sudo, I was the user. I attempted to run the executable
from the command line with ./k3util. The response was "bash: ./k3util:
No such file or directory."  Double clicking on the executabel produced
a different response. "Failed to execute child process
"/home/tuck/Elecraft/k3util_1_13_6_17/k3util" (No such file or directory)."

chgrp to the files had no effect on the error messages.

I suspect the paths are not set properly. But since there is no
documentation I am stuck as to what is the appropriate procedure. Before
I go down the rabbit hole, can someone advise me as to the apparently
manual installation procedure on Linux?

Tuck, W6TUK