Aire,

Yes, that spurious signal on 28.004.5 is real and generated within the KAT500.
Recent KAT500 beta firmware optionally shuts off an oscillator inside the
KAT500 to suppress the spur. The oscillator is automatically turned back on by
a number of events, such as pressing a button or transmitting.

The oscillator is also turned on by activity on the KAT500 serial port, which
means that software like mine that polls the KAT500 to keep track of antenna
port selection also keeps that spur alive. Sigh.

  Bill, K1GQ