Pete - that sounds pretty much like what I'm doing. I have the sub-rx; Ant1
normally goes to main, Ant2 to the sub-rx. My Ant2 is a ground mounted Hustler
5BTV vertical, Ant1 is switchable to an 88 foot doublet, an 80 meter Inverted
L, or a 160 meter Inverted L. Also am running an AL811 amp at times with about
500 watts out - have not had any issues with this config. However, when I'm on
80 or 160 with the two L antennas, I'm not using diversity mode. When I'm on
40-10 however, I do use diversity.

Jim / W6JHB