David/AC4BN wrote:

>The symptoms are twofold: first, there is no sidetone when keyed, although
>I can see the bars on the LCD as the transmitter is keyed.  I am using it
>with separate 20 and 40 dipoles dipoles and no antenna tuner (which worked
>nicely before this).
>
>Second, the incoming signals are extremely weak and have a very strange
>sound as if the narrowest filter were engaged (it’s not).

1.  Are you observing these problems through the speaker?  Have you
determined that the audio sounds as poorly through headphones (or another
speaker) that has been connected through the phone jack?  This information
could rule out a simple AF jack problem.

2.  Doer an external power meter indicate normal power out when the K1
is keyed?  Does an external receiver hear a normal signal when the K1
is keyed?

73,
Mike / KK5F