Dave,

What is the T-R delay set to? If it is set to zero you may hear a 'pop' when going to receive. Why it is not heard if 8R is set to normal is a mystery to me. If you have the KDSP2 installed and your KPA100 is not up to date (blue toroid cores at RFC1 and L16) that pop would appear on *some* K2s. The cure for that is to update with the KPA100UPKT. If your shield is not up to date add the KPA100SHLDKT. The new shield has clips to contact the sides of the K2, a narrow notch at the SO-239 jack, solder lugs to connect the outside of the shield to the SO-239 and a speaker shield.

I have no answer for the buzzing. Is it in sync with the speech patterns? If so, then your assumption about something loose is probably correct, but I would expect something other than a toroid - perhaps the KPA100 shield.

73,
W3FPR