From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jim Lowman
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2013 12:29 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 6/10M pre-amp

I know that this has probably been discussed before, but just how bad is the
K3 on 6m/10m?
Hopefully, the KX3 doesn't suffer this fate as well.

It's one thing to spend another $160 on the 6m/10m preamp, but it also
requires the KXV3A at another $120.
Yes, that would also provide the ability to use a second antenna, have
access to the IF out and support a transverter.
The most likely of these features that I would use is the transverter output
to get on 222 MHz.
But there's so little activity on that band in this area for some reason,
even in contests, that I question the expense of the transverter and
antenna.

73 de Jim - AD6CW

-----
No virus found in this message.