Ken,

That sounds like something did not get properly soldered, but was making
marginal contact until now.  Look for it on the KSB2 board and/or its
connectors to the RF board for the most likely place.  You may want to just
reflow the solder joints in case there is one that moved on you while it was
cooling - such cold solder joints are often difficult to spot visually.

As a second thought, what kind of antenna are you using?  If you are
experiencing 'RF in the shack', that can cause a myriad of strange things to
happen.

73,
Don W3FPR