Don thanks so much for your quick reply and help.
I went through all your suggestions and all looked great.
I then looked in Appendix E as you suggested and went through those steps.

Under problem #100 it says to check for missing audio filter options or the
bypass jumpers.
I re-soldered the jumpers and all is well.  Very loud audio now even seems
better than my other K2.

Now on to the filter alignment.  I build an Elecraft wide band noise
generator last night and I'm looking forward to learning how to get those
filters set up.

Thanks so much.

73
Stan AE7UT