Brian,

I have heard this before, and as I recall it has to do with the DB15 cable and the PTT cable when used together.

Are you using the PTT cable in addition to the cable from the K3 ACC cable? If so, pin 10 of the cable should not be included. See the note on page 8 of the KAT500 manual.

Normally you would not have to use the PTT cable with the K3. See pages 3 and 4 of the KAT500 manual. For this arrangement, piin 10 of the ACC cable must be present.

If you have other devices that need access ti the K3 Key Out line, you would use the PTT cable AND use the key line interrupter to disconnect pin 10 from the DB15 Interface cable without the need for removing pin 10. .

73,
Don W3FPR