Jim,

What is your power supply voltage as reported by the K3 when transmitting? As power supply voltage drops the K3 increases current in order to put out the requested power. If the voltage is dropping too low this can result in the hi-cur message.

Also, the threshold for the hi-cur message is adjustable in theK3's tech mode menu, I believe.

73,

Eric
elecraft.com