This is such a simple and quick mod I have resisted posting it, but I do feel
it makes a small, not totally aesthetic difference.  As an amateur astronomer,
I always blacken the edges of eyepieces and objective lenses to enhance
contrast.  I did the same thing on the K2 bezel and I believe it does enhances
contrast (at least during the day with high ambient light levels) and improves
the appearance of the bezel by eliminating the hazy edge around the clear
plastic.  Just take a magic marker and carefully run it along the edge of the
bezel (after removing it from the radio).  Let each length and width dry before
continuing to the next portion.  It's literally a 5 minute job.

George
KS1U
Quaker Hill, CT