Ariel,

Check to see if your K2 has sidetone - if it does not, the answer is easy, your sidetone source is incorrect. In case this is the problem, the solution is to enter the menu for ST L and edit the parameter (hold EDIT), then tap DISPLAY until you hear sidetone - the display should flash U4-8 briefly.
After that, check to see if you have communications with the PC.

If this is not the situation, ask again clarifying that it did not work, and I can lead you through some detailed troubleshooting to determine if your RS-232 communications is working or not. Tell me whether you are working with a KIO2 or with a KPA100.

73,
Don W3FPR