On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 18:12:39 -0700 (PDT), KC6CNN wrote:

> I did find a heavy key, I ordered the K8RA Big Dog P5 key at 7 lbs. I hope
> it stays put.

> Any suggestions about tips to help me send lighter and or the number of
> Elecraft hex keys made I would appreciated it.

First, the desk surface must remain free of any waxes or dirt/dust, and the feet
must be clean and "sticky".  If that doesn't work, do what I do.

I use hot glue.  It works great and can be removed if you decide to move the key
to a different position.  I would not recommend locking it down until you've
been back on CW for awhile, as your positioning preference may change,
especially if you progress in speed.  I've glued down both my paddle and my old
Speed-X hand key on the desk, and they work fine.

Gary