Icom has a radio that cost $10.500  Yaesu has their multi megabuck black
box with knobs on it, and now someone is suggesting a competion for the K2
that is going to cost $3K+

  Well NO THANK YOU. I am having enough trouble, especially on a social
insecurity fixed income, getting together the $1K +/- that I need for a K2
and options I would like to have, not necessarily need, just would like to
have. So I will stick to my Icom 706MK2G and keep saving for a K2 and I'll
let the big dogs run after the fancy stuff while I just sit here on the
porch and enjoy ham radio...
Just one HAM's opinion

73  Jim K4YBB