My KX3 seems to be better than my K2. When you narrow the filter down on a
weak station with the KX3, the signal seems to pop up out of the noise
better than it does at narrow widths on the K2. I haven't found the APF
function of the KX3 to be very helpful to me, but others seem to have found
differently.

Part of the difference may be lie in the ability of the KX3 to squeeze down
to a much narrower filter width than the K2. Even at wider filter settings
the KX3 is easier for me to listen to however.

Chip
AE5KA