I tried this firmware yesterday and it curred some audio artifacts I was hearing. My guess is that I was picking up some mixing artifacts from the 12 kHz spur that made my KX3 audio sound somewhat harsh, almost raspy. I especially noticed it with CW notes.

I emailed Wayne about this firmware release and he thought that it might help - and it did. I wasn't able to do a side by side comparison, but I did switch between firmware releases a few times and I could definitely hear a difference. It now sounds warmer and more well rounded, similar to my K3. It is a lot less fatiguing on my ears.

I told Wayne that I can't believe I can still hear stuff like this after 35 years or so in the fire service. Hopefully I can keep it that way.

Thanks to Wayne (and everyone else at Elecraft) for continually improving the KX3 experience.

73,
Dave W8FGU