I would humbly submit that there are already some well intentioned and
effective organizations in place to support the wounded warriors.  God knows
our veterans deserve our support and the VA is crippled from overload on a
reduced budget.  That discussion is not pertinent here.

If one felt strongly enough, they can volunteer their services then present
any special need that is beyond the ability of that individual, to the list.

Local ham group support should be approached first for the same reason; they
already have the support system in place and local knowledge.  The key, as
always, is to get the average tight fisted ham to give a little.  ;o)

The mechanisms are already in place; why reinvent the wheel, again?

Rick wa6nhc