Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:09:32 -0400
From: Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft Wish List

Bill,

I sympathize with you, but the reality is that a large scale SMD kit
would create a great number of customer support problems.  You and I may
be able to do SMD, but that is not the majority..  Add to that the fact
that the "board houses" can produce boards fully populated with SMD
parts for a price that is less than what it would cost Elecraft to
provide an SMD kit with the assembly manual.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
dubus...@gmail.com
"Kits made by KL7UW"