A friend runs an IC756 Pro III, and recently got a KAT500 tuner.  He likes
it, but when he presses the tune button on either the tuner or the radio,
the tuning solution is not always a "good" one... when he then keys the
radio, a better solution is sought.  He believes the problem is that the
Icom puts out only 10 watts when tuning, but the KAT500 wants higher power.

Does this sound like an accurate diagnosis?  Can someone suggest a
solution?  (I already suggested a K3).  I asked if the Icom can be set for
a higher output in the tune mode, and he was not certain, but thought not,
since, when the cable to the tuner is unplugged from the back of the radio,
the internal tuner would then see the higher power, and might not be happy
with that.

My friend is so busy at work that he has refrained from joining this group,
fearing that he would not have time to read all the traffic, but I can
either relay to him... or pass along his email, if one of you learned
friends would like to work with him on this challenge.

Very 73 de Dave - K9FN