Jim,

If a Field Test K2 is upgraded with all the A to B mods, new firmware and the IF filter crystals upgraded, its performance will be equal to those kits currently being shipped. The parts for that kind of full upgrade will be in the vicinity of $125, so you need to downgrade the price from a new one by at least that much. If you also consider that the buyer may want to have someone else do the upgrade work, the labor will likely be in the $150 to $200 range, so that might be taken into consideration as well in arriving at your proposed selling price.

Note that upgrades are not the same thing as the options - some owners confuse the two.

An early K2 will still perform well even if not upgraded, but I believe the price of the upgrades will be taken into consideration by any potential buyer. If you have installed any of the upgrades, that is a plus in your favor in your pricing - specify the upgrades that have been installed.

Most recent K2s (SN over 4660 have all upgrades installed) that I have seen offered for sale are priced at 66% to 75% of the new kit (plus options) value.

73,
Don W3FPR