Mike,

You might try the bridge null a few times and take the average position. It is quite 'touchy', and yes it may vary a bit from trial to trial. As noted in the manual, the reading at the null depends on stray capacitance in the KAT2 - so if you moved anything it will change a bit, although a jump up to 30 is quite a bit.

The 3 to 4 volts depends on the exact power as well as the number of turns on T1. If you have some way of monitoring the power output, you can see if the actual power is below 5 watts - if so, all is well. If not, check T1 to see if you wound it with the correct number of turns.

73,
Don W3FPR