Julie,

I just checked my KX3 using a broadband noise generator and Spectrogram to view the passband width. With the WIDTH set to maximum, the passband extends from 250 Hz to above 3000 Hz (which should fill the waterfall on Fldigi). I do not have Fldigi installed on my workbench computer, but that should not make any difference.

Use the numbers in the KX3 WIDTH display to judge the actual width - if you look only at the graphic on the display, it goes to its maximum width when the actual width is greater than 1.2 kHz.

The PBT knob normally alters the center frequency (FC). Tap it to change the knob function to WIDTH.

73,
Don W3FPR