On 9/9/2013 5:02 PM, Jeff Hall, W6UX wrote:
Mike, thank you very much! The problem was as I suspected, operator
error! The outer AF knob was fully counter clockwise.  Restoring this
knob to the 12:00 position restored VFO reception in my right ear.
It must have gotten knocked by someone using my rig at Field Day.
What a relief!

INT QKN: "How many knobs does your radio have?"
QKN 30: "My radio has 30 knobs."

INT QKK: "How many of them do you know how to use?"
QKK 6: "I know how to use 6 of them."

Your problem is my problem, and I'm finding out that when I get my K3 to work as I want it to, I quit touching 95% of them. It leaves me more time to actually work DX, SOTA summits, and contests. Going to RTTY for a contest is always an adventure. I keep a station notebook and I write down what I do. Every now and then, it's helpful. :-)

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2013 Cal QSO Party 5-6 Oct 2013
- www.cqp.org