> From: Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com>
> Subject: [Elecraft] OT: Hallicrafters SX-62 and external speaker
> available
>
> Someone gave me a vintage Hallicrafters SX-62 receiver with external speaker.
> Both are in fair shape, and could probably be of some value with a good
> cleaning. Based on advice from a radio refurbisher, I have not plugged in the
> receiver, and I'm pretty sure this unit hasn't been plugged in for at least 30
> years. Apparently some collectors like to replace some of the capacitors
> first.
>
> I'd like to give these away for nothing but my cost of shipping. Otherwise
> they
> may end up getting recycled in some environmentally correct fashion.
>
> Please email me directly if interested.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR

That would be a nice little domestic friendly RX when restored.

If I thought it'd survive the trip, I'd ask what the shipping cost to the UK
would
be, but as above, it would arrive mashed to pieces I suspect, that and I doubt
I'd
ever find the time to restore it myself.

Pictures and description:-
http://www.ohio.edu/people/postr/bapix/SX62.htm

73.

Dave G0WBX.