> Chargers for small electronic devices that use low frequency induction at
> close range are common and harmless.
>
> But how about a device that is said to use many transmitters to focus energy
> at a rate of 1 Watt onto a device that is 30 ft away?
>
> Harmless??
>
> http://tinyurl.com/oopg7l3
>
> 73,
>
> Erik K7TV

At least they are low frequency, though the harmonics could be "a bit lively".
Filters being expensive, are likely not to be used.

OK, so how are they going to share that sort of spectrum (2.45GHz etc) to
wirelessly charge remote devices, without killing WiFi and so on?   Or creating
health risks (it's the same spectrum as microwave ovens use of course...)

A far bigger problem for us HF radio spectrum users, are Plasma TV's, and "in
home" power line networking.  Both polute the RF spectrum from a few MHz,
now way up to a few 100MHz, often with no "notches" (that don't realy help
anyway) for some considerable distance.

Also many types of LED lighting, is particularly "dirty" RF wise too.

http://www.ban-plt.co.uk/    UK based, but a lot of good general info.

With the presure to "go green" and everything be as efficient as possible, I do
wonder about "Wireless" charging in general, if the green movement is about to
shoot itself in it's collective foot.

Amazed...

Dave G0WBX.